To keep things interesting in the neighborhood, CAWOOD hired artist Ryan Beard of One Sun Metalwerks to produce a landscape work of art. The piece, called “Street Flowers,” consists of six metal flowers ranging in height from 4- to 6-feet tall. The petals are made from recycled harrowing discs once used to plow fields, and the stems are crafted from recycled steel. The flowers are in full bloom on 12th Street just beyond the corner of 12th and High Streets, no matter the season. Take a look at the installation process in this video.
- Book review
- Let’s talk about wildfire safety
- Let’s build community vision together
- Great work makes us feel good!
- Do you know rising business stars? Nominate one!
- Traditional and digital media both add value
- Telling your story helps you to “be known”
- Chronic sleep deprivation a disservice to students
- Book Review: Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker
- Book Review: Grit by Angela Duckworth