To keep things interesting in the neighborhood, CAWOOD hired artist Ryan Beard of One Sun Metalwerks to produce a landscape work of art. The piece, called “Street Flowers,” consists of six metal flowers ranging in height from 4- to 6-feet tall. The petals are made from recycled harrowing discs once used to plow fields, and the stems are crafted from recycled steel. The flowers are in full bloom on 12th Street just beyond the corner of 12th and High Streets, no matter the season. Take a look at the installation process in this video.
- As Melinda retires, she reflects on her work
- Book Review: How to Be an Antiracist
- Eugene’s Summit Bank helps local businesses with critical loans
- Community spotlight: C & K Market’s efforts help protect customers, assist students
- Local restaurants, farmers market adapt to social distancing
- On International Women’s Day, young women set great example for all of us
- Book review
- Let’s talk about wildfire safety
- Let’s build community vision together
- Great work makes us feel good!